Saturday, December 1, 2012

Dizzy

Hi there. It's Little Miss Stevie's owner here.  I thought to let you guys out there know that she's not well at the moment.  Last night, sometime, she fell ill and had a possible stroke and isn't really feeling up to posting anything for a while. 

I found this out this morning when I took out of her cage and let her fly around and she dropped to the floor instead.  Then, when I found her, she was walking around in circles with her head off to one side. The vets at Greencross Vets told me it was something that could have happened during the night when I was sleeping.

Right now, all I can do is keep her nice and cool, protect her from overbalancing and stop her from flying too much.   I'll pass on any notes or well-wishes you want to leave below in her comments box... but really, all she wants to do is sleep right now.  At least she's not falling off her perch from doing that or preening - and this is a good sign of her balance coming back.  All I can do is watch her and wait and see what happens.
You see, I bought her from a petstore and so I don't know where breeding or bloodlines.  I wish I did, but I don't; and this plays a vital role in how long she'd live for.  

Anyway, I thought to let you all know just in case you don't hear from her for a while.    

No comments:

Post a Comment